Oh, I don’t talk much! I am not a people person! There comes a bright red signal, which leads to the death of potential connections possibly waiting to reach out to you through the acclaimed pathway of networking. Networking is a mountain of gold with immense treasure to be carried home… but you won’t get a crystal clear route map! You need to be ready for an unexpected expedition, always on the toes to discover a new possibility, maybe if you turn out to be lucky, a potential lead!
Networking does not demand you to be an extrovert or a jump to people-person, you just need to expand the people you follow sense fully. Say, if you are a person who tries to sell pottery and crafts, having a connection with a person who owns a nursery with saplings and plants can be a fruitful connection, or another person of artistic background can also be a supporter to draw inspiration from, but an astrophysicist is not going to deliver you any developments!
First things first, maintaining a network that serves a purpose is necessary because, in the long run, the time you invested in caressing the relationship should not go wasted! Let’s have a sneak peek at some key points to keep under consideration while working on your networking!
1. Don’t try to put yourself into a big crowd, but try to be selective. Smaller groups suggest minimal connections and give you the space and time for active participation. Like-minded individuals won’t give much, discover people who are different will add to your persona and enrich you with insights.
2. Hold events and get-togethers and be in a mindset to get there a few minutes before the event takes off so you can catch up with your crew, and also gives you an edge to meet new people. Linger in a bit after the event wraps up, small talks can lead to bigger opportunities, you may catch the big fish!
3. Don’t miss out on the wonderful people who said yes to your product or service, follow up with them, have an endearing chit-chat and take quick feedbacks and let others hear too, word of mouth is a credible advertisement that is going to deliver quick results compared to other campaigns or even direct emails!
4. It won’t hurt if you divulge some info on referrals and leads with the non-competitors, which can potentially uplift your goodwill and boost your trust quotient, in addition to warm acceptance!
5. Networking is a future opportunity and one should not keep eyes shut upon it, since you may miss out on potential opportunities and block your expansion and hamper your growth! Webrickshaw exploits the massive potential of networking rewardingly and encourages the same to others too, and hence begins a winning tale on the notes of extended connectivity with the best!